IHOP's Harvest Grain Pancakes (my old fav) don't have anything on these fluffy whole grain beauties! Make up an extra batch or two and freeze them with a small square of parchment paper in between . They'll last for up to 6 months in your freezer. Defrost in a toaster oven and enjoy the feeling of being well prepared! Happy Mise' en place. You rock!
1 1/4 c oat flour (rolled oats or oat groats ground in a blender)
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 c plant based milk
2 t lemon juice
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 T maple syrup
1. Place all dry ingredients (including whole oats) in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Add liquid ingredients and blend until combined (don't over blend).
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
4. Pour 1/3 c batter at a time and spread into a circle (batter is thick)
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip.
6. Repeat until batter is gone.
Top with fruit, fruit sauce, hemp seeds or maple syrup. Enjoy!