Seriously Amazing! This recipe has had the most "two thumb up" of ANY recipe we've created thus far. What an awesome way to get extra fiber and protein! While we consider this a serendipitous sweet....but you just might like to have a small amount for breakfast when you get in a hurry!
1.5 c raw buckwheat groats
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t fine grain sea salt
1/4 c coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
2 T unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c agave, or honey
3 T nut butter (like almond, or peanut butter)
1 t vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
3. Spread granola onto prepared baking sheet in thin layer.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes being careful to not let it burn. Granola will be lightly golden on the bottom and will harden during the cooling process.
5. Cool completely on the pan and then store in a glass container. It should store well for up to 3 weeks.