Got leftover brown rice? Make a quick batch of these delicious cookies! Treat your family to a high fiber-licious better-for-you cookie! Serve these crisps for breakfast and your spouse and kids will name you "World's Greatest Parent".
1 T brown sugar
1 c walnuts finely chopped
1/2 c vegan butter
1/2 c stevia for baking
2 T brown sugar
1 flax egg- 1 T ground flax mixed with 3 T water and let set for 5 min
1 t vanilla
1.5 t baking powder
1 c white whole wheat flour
3/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes
2 c cooked brown rice
1. In a small bowl mix together 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon and nut meats and set aside.
2. In another bowl, Cream together vegan butter, stevia for baking and brown sugar. Add flax egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add baking powder and white whole wheat flour. Mix well.
4. Fold in coconut and cooked rice.
5. Drop cookie dough by teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkling the top of each cookie with the cinnamon nut mixture.
6. Bake in 350 oven for 20-25 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown in color.